Makes 1 ½ quarts
- 6 cups (about 1 ½ squash)
- ¼ cup melted butter, for brushing
- 1 tbs. + 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2/3 tsp. + ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Brush the flesh of the squash with a little butter and season with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper. On a sheet pan lay the squash flesh side up. Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the flesh is soft.
Scoop the flesh from the skin into a pot and add the stock, honey, and ginger. Bring to a simmer and puree using a stick blender. Stir in the heavy cream and return to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and serve.
Garnish with a spoon of sour cream on top with toasted pine nuts.